Manning Cartell



















I would never say I'm a Manning Cartell kind of girl. I have found many bits & pieces (a particular pair of high waisted jodhpur pants with large pockets are coming to mind) over the years that I love and would mix in with my wardrobe but as whole I think of them as a major caterer to the "hotties" of Sydney and well, Australia I guess.
You know the ones...they squeeze into a simple, figure hugging number in some punchy offbeat colour, have a tan, comfortably wear ridiculous heels for long nights drinking champagne, were more than compatible with the cut-out trend and walk into any party knowing heads will turn. Yeah those ones. (If you're thinking you're detecting a bitchy tone stop right there sister cause you ain't - I admire these types, truly, I do!).
But wait. I think whilst I've been busy chasing the perfect denim & white tshirt combo and layering knits with turtle necks and tights and boots there's been a slight evolvement with Manning I may have missed. Sure, its still gonna be the hotties that are working a neon midriff this summer, but oversized bombers, printed pants and white lace are more than enough reason to keep me waiting for summers delivery.

Photos: Rachel Kara at MBFWA 12

1 comment:

  1. very cool images. the details are exquisite.
    high maintenance gals are a breed of their own ;p
    xoxoo

    ReplyDelete

bites and kisses for you. meow. x