over the bridge

Photobucket
Photobucket
Blue Bottle Coffee Berry St, Williamsburg - as recommended by every coffee educated Australian living in New York I knew. The line was long but passed quickly as me & Hannah caught up on the basics of how we came to be in New York at the same time, I ordered my Ethiopean drip (sweet-tart easy to sip slowly coffee that feels much like tea in your mouth) as we continued to talk about having babies, not having babies, brunch menus, shopping priorites etc.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
The infamous Mast Brothers made known to me via the Selby some many months ago was on my must do list. I sampled a fair few (probably all) varieties of dark chocolate available and settled on Conacado as a favourite with "notes of fresh cherries, molasses and strawberries". Ya-um! I bought 5 blocks (tasting notes will follow in due time) and used all my will power to not cave for 'todays taste menu'...saving room for an afternoon bagel you see.
I watched the man in the store fold up the pretty as wallpaper packaging around one of those dark smooth rectangles in a quiet moment and felt warm on the inside knowing how much love was in each block.

That day is still not over, nb: we're still on the 11st cafe day, so I will save the rest for tomorrows viewing.

What's everyone's latest and greatest food/coffee finds?

x

4 comments:

  1. sooooooo your mast brothers photos shit all over mine hahaha!!!! these are so beautiful, making me wish we could go back for some more chocolate sneaking... :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for any other great post. The place else may just anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal approach of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the search for such info.
    Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact Photo-Movie Kit (Black)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging is almost too perfect for words.
    I can't even begin to imagine what the chocolate tastes like.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are living the dream!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete

bites and kisses for you. meow. x